Learn more about what is powering your hearing aids.
Li-ion battery is the preferred technology in many major industries: From consumer electronics to electric cars, and more.
Compared with traditional battery technology, Li-ion batteries deliver:
- Longer daily runtime,
- Longer overall lifetime,
- Shorter charging time (together with a fast charging option), and
- Higher convenience for the hearing aid wearer.
The runtime of all Li-ion rechargeable batteries reduces over time. The estimates are based on fresh lithium-ion rechargeable battery capacity. Under normal operating conditions, the battery will retain up to 80% of its initial capacity after 2 years of use. Please note that battery performance will vary depending on individual usage patterns and environmental conditions.
How to handle your lithium ion hearing aids.
FAQS - Lithium Ion Batteries
Will my Li-ion battery last longer if I don’t charge my hearing aids every night and wait for a complete discharge before charging?
Deep-discharge cycles are not required for Li-ion batteries. The best practice is to charge your hearing aids every night and unplug your charger while not charging.
Does the battery life become shorter if I use the fast charging option very frequently?
No. Thanks to our specially developed charging method, fast charging does not have any negative effect on the battery life of your hearing aids.
Is it safe to travel on an airplane with a Li-ion rechargeable hearing aid?
Yes, it is safe to wear these Li-ion rechargeable hearing aids on a plane and to bring the charger on board. It is also safe to carry the hearing aids and/or charger in your luggage.
Can I ship my Li-ion rechargeable hearing aids?
For this, we recommend that you check the requirements of your shipping provider.
Signia Hearing Aid batteries.
Long life and powerful performance make these batteries ideal for every lifestyle.
Tested rigorously – proven reliability: With Signia, you are buying an extremely powerful hearing aid battery. The constant voltage level guarantees optimum performance in every listening situation for every hearing aid.
Signia hearing aid batteries come in all sizes for every hearing aid.
Hearing aids need batteries which are reliable, safe, versatile and extremely powerful!
- Signia hearing aid batteries are high quality with long life, even in powerful instruments.
- Signia batteries provide long running times at a constant voltage level and thus contribute to an optimum hearing aid performance.
- Signia batteries are reliable and safe due to triple sealed high quality material e. g. stainless steel.
- Signia batteries are environmentally friendly as they are 100% mercury free.
Signia battery packaging is easy to handle and keeps the batteries safe.
- Easy removal of cells with the innovative delivery wheel ensures only one battery is delivered at a time.
- Maximum product protection thanks to the security seal.
- Secure closure of the packet with lockable dispensing tab.
- Clear color coding for instant recognition of your battery type.
- Environmentally friendly
How to exchange batteries in your hearing aids.
Batteries - Useful Tips
Signia hearing aid batteries are only activated when the protective tab is removed. The protective tab should therefore only be removed around 5 minutes before inserting the battery into the hearing aid.
Store the batteries preferably at room temperature (approx. 20°C).
An empty battery should never be left in the hearing aid any longer than necessary. Please ensure environmentally friendly disposal of the batteries.
Never allow batteries to come into contact with metal objects when stored as this will cause it to discharge. Store the batteries in the packaging provided.